Monday, April 11, 2011

It Came to Pass...

It's just past midnight and I should be in bed enjoying the reward of an impossibly busy and frustrating day: sleep. Deep, calming, refreshing sleep.But I'm here in my studio, working on a quilt that has to be on its way home tomorrow. Today. In too few hours.
Listening to Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for unaccompanied violin. Feeling sorry for myself and fighting the tears that will just interrupt my quilting.
Overtired, overwhelmed, over-extended and over-worked.
Ahhh - the Chaconne. So sweetly sad, yet resolute. Determined. That's how I feel. Life's bittersweet trials leaving me exhausted and fearful - but at the same time knowing - knowing in my soul - that I'm strong enough to get through this. It won't last forever and I'll just keep on keeping on til life moves on and picks on someone else for a change.
I was in a ladies Bible study some years back when someone told the story of a man who said his favorite scripture was "It came to pass." That didn't really make much sense - what's the 'address' of that verse? He said it was all through the Bible. Over and over again God tells us that it didn't come to stay, it came to pass!
I like that - and I'm counting on it. It doesn't feel like it right now, but I know it's true.After I finish this quilt and finally sink my head into my pillow I might be able to convince myself that all this chaos, confusion and consternation really did just come to pass.
Anytime now would be good for me.

3 comments:

Carla said...

We love you. Your friends are always close by for that extra comfort,support and listening ear. And maybe a whine or two I mean wine. Attitude adjustments and close friends are the best relief. Hang in there "this too shall pass".

Carla said...

Oh and I love this bright quilt.

Charmaine said...

And I thought I was OCD!!!
Hope you get a free minute for your sanity's sake.