Saturday, April 25, 2009

Button It!

Ever since I found my grandmother Stella's button box, I've collected buttons. After I've totally worn out a shirt or whatever, I take off the buttons before throwing it away. I heard that Cary Grant used to do that, too, so I don't feel so weird...or cheap.
Notice in the photo above, that the little jars even have a button lids. I knew I had to have them the second I saw them!


These are some of the buttons that started it all.


Those giant buttons are about 1.25" across. I probably won't ever use them...


And these remind me of Necco Wafers!


Some of my novelty buttons. I won't use these either, cuz they're too cute!


And look what I found when I dumped out my big button jar! That damn Little Foot I've been missing for over a freakin' year!
Now I have to apologize to the kids, my husband and even the stupid dog.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

How fortunate you are to have your grandmothers button collection!

I have to say I laughed out loud about your having to apologize to the dog! :)

Reeze Hanson said...

Love all the pretty fun buttons. I have lots of them too, inherited from my mater and other sources. Mom used to hate the feel of buttons in a box. Odd bird, mom. But it didn't stop her from collecting every last stray button. I saw some great button jewelry at a quilt show this past weekend and it inspired me to try a bit of button magic. I love your "displays."

karenisham said...

I just discovered your website. MAYBE, just maybe I will find my embroidery foot I have lost--doubt it is in my button jar tho, lol And we don't have a dog so can't blame it on the dog, lol Thanks for the laugh, love your site!

Karen in Ohio