Monday, May 18, 2009

The Finish Line!

I've decided to actually keep track of how many UFO's I finish this year, and with 48 UFO's in various stages of completion, I really need the encouragement to press on. I've finished four, but added another, so I still have 45 UFO's stage-whispering to me from my studio closet. Here's the first batch for the year:

Jackson's Star

48" x 48" for my grandbaby Jack.




Meganz Heartz

These blocks were the result of a class with Jan Mullins back in...I don't know...2001?
46" x 52"



Sugar & Spice


34" x 40" For my newest grandbaby Teaghan


The corner squares in the borders and the 'snowball' corners are cut from her daddy's shirts.


London Roads


50" x 50" This is a "throw down baby quilt" in the event I need an emergency gift. I have several ready and waiting to be gifted. The blocks were the result of an exchange with my favorite online swap group, Sew Many Swaps, using 1930's reproduction fabrics.

3 comments:

TexasRed said...

These are beautiful! What great gifts! I especially love the alphabet fabric and the tie-in with daddy's shirts!

Casey B said...

Jack's is beautiful! And I love the use of Mike's shirts.

QUILTONLINE said...

its wonderful,
ortansa
quiltonline.blogspot.com