Sunday, August 19, 2018

Retreat Winds of Change


Things are winding down here after a very busy summer, and I hope the Texas
temperatures start winding down, too!

Speaking of winding down, I’m ready to do that too. After thinking about it long and hard
for the past two years, I’ve decided to retire and take it easy and head for the Hill Country. I'll still be quilting for customers and since many of my current customers are long-distance anyway, it shouldn't be too much of a change.

So, I’m putting the retreat up for sale - as a retreat business. It will not be closing, and
there will be no downtime between my handing over the keys and the new retreat owner
taking it over. As part of the sale, I am providing plenty of training on the website,
reservation & bookkeeping program, etc., to allow for a seamless transition. All the
furnishings and supplies will be sold with the retreat, so, even under new ownership, it'll
still be the familiar home-away-from-home that you're accustomed to.

Again - the retreat is not closing! It will just be under new management. All tentative and
confirmed dates will be honored, for as far into the future as has been booked (which is
several years!) Those on my Ad Infinitum List will remain on the new owner’s list.

As an aside, I’ll be selling my home (the log cabin next door) after I sell the business, as
my daughter’s family has already moved to Austin, and is busily looking for property for
me. She has a home across from my log cabin that’s for sale, as well as another one
about a mile away. Any potential retreat owner might be interested in looking at one (or all
three!) of these, as their proximity makes running the retreat a breeze.

I have thoroughly enjoyed these past 10+ years being host to so many wonderful groups
of quilters, scrapbookers, beaders, needleworkers, church groups, and so many more. I’ve made some tremendous friends through the retreat and will miss seeing you all on a regular basis. I do, however, reserve the right to come crash your group when I'm in town, so, be
forewarned!

If you’re interested in being a retreat owner, now’s your chance! Let me know, and I’ll put
you in touch with my business broker - she’s a sweetheart. If you know of anyone who might be interested, by all means, spread the word! It’s a fun enterprise, and I’d do it again in a
heartbeat!

And, one more time: Have no fear - the retreat is not closing!

Remember:



No comments: