Friday, September 10, 2010

Pomegranate, Anyone?

After spending the better part of an hour looking for my mobile iPhone charger, then remembering why it wasn't in the car (...oh yeah - it doesn't work), I started griping about all the things I wished I had. Like a decent charger. Or a good cup of coffee. Or an electric shaver that really works. Or a really little portable instrument that I could play when I'm bored.

Then I saw this:


It's the new Canadian Pomegranate phone. And it does everything but wash windows! It fulfills my complete wish list and more. Except for the charger...it doesn't need one! You just set it near any running electrical item (fridge, laptop, tv, car, etc) and it draws power wirelessly from it and recharges its own battery!
Which is shaped like a tiny pomegranate seed.

And it lasts for 120 hours!

Oh wait. I wanted a decent cup of coffee. Well, how about this?


Believe it or not, it brews coffee! See that little circle on the left of the first phone photo? It holds the almost-flat pod of ground coffee.
It has a pop-up shaver that you can use anywhere, and it even has a harmonica built in. A real harmonica - not a harmonica app. The GPS is something I can put to good use...and if you've ever been in the passenger seat of my Mini you'd agree. After going to the same church for 10 years, I got lost coming home one Sunday night and ended up on K-Z Road way out in the country. About 5 years ago I accidentally passed that same spot and realized I was only about 7 minutes from home at that point, yet that night, it took me another hour. GPS. It should be called GSP: Guidance for Stupid People. But I digress. The Pomegranate works as a projector and has a voice translator built in too. You talk into one side and any of over 50 languages comes out the other. Something I could have used in the hotel business 40 years ago.

Take a look at it in action here

After you've explored all the gadgets and gizmos, be sure to click on Release Date.

7 comments:

Baker_ia said...

Love the Pomegranate promo.

Charmaine said...

I can personally attest to Diane's great driving and navigating skills! We only got "lost" twice on our way to and from the Stafford Centre today for the quilt show....but had great fun finding our way back again.

Deb and Mandy said...

Tommy was supremely disappointed when I shared the punchline of this "commercial" with him.

Diane said...

Sorry, Tommy!

SewCalGal said...

Love the pomegranate. Sounds like a James Bond type product!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

lvscrafts said...

Just when I finally decided on the Droid X (which I haven't purchased yet) THIS comes along and it can even make coffee! Love it!!!

Diane said...

I hope you clicked on the Release Date, y'all!