Friday, June 19, 2009

Shop Hop!

This weekend is the annual Wild West Shop Hop for ten Houston area quilt shops. I hit three of them today before I ran out of steam. Each had little goodies to hand out, patterns for the shop hop quilt, kits, and tons of new stuff. My vote for Most Surprising Shop is KV Quilters on Main Street in Tomball, TX
They've given their shop a little makeover, and have tons more fabric than they used to, and lots more gadgets!
Oops - I think she might be in the witness protection program!
They've got batiks and orientals and lots of blenders. I was thoroughly impressed!
Vintage quilt tops hang from the ceiling
Ida Anderson did a beautiful job quilting the shop hop quilt. I love that border fabric!
They had such an influx of hoppers that they had to cut more red, white, and blue fat quarters to give away. In the meantime, they handed out temporary tattoos that say "Born to Quilt" - really cute, and the staff were sporting them, too! They also gave away little brass stencils for well, stenciling...duh... or embossing paper. My daughter Gillian hopped with me today just like we did when she was little, so she got her own freebies. I also picked up some pink fqs for my pink and brown basket quilt, and a couple of reds. I'm finally making peace with that color after 50+ years. OMG that's half a century! Get over it already!!

Then we headed to Time Treasured Quilts & The Hen House
where we picked up some more red, white, and blue fq freebies, and pink fqs for that basket quilt. Gillian also picked up some funky yarn and a pattern book. She wants (me) to knit the poncho out of the turquoise and lime, and a little skull cap from the multi. Oh - and The Hen House wins the cutest bag prize. That's it on the left.
And last but not least...more GREEN(ish) stuff!

2 comments:

Diana said...

only 30 days in June
I know you'll have
a wonderful calendar for July.
You always make my desktop look Good.

Diane said...

Thanks, Diana! I'm working on it right now. No sense waiting til the last minute, I always say! ;^)